Cold Freezer but Warm Fridge

I have a refrigerator out in the garage that has not been performing well lately. The freezer portion is keeping things cold, but the refrigerator side keeps things barely chilly. On advice I received in this newsgroup, I unplugged the entire thing and let it sit overnight, then plugged it back in. Worked great, but a few weeks later it happened again. I repeated the procedure, and again it worked, but now it's done it a third time. Any idea why this keeps happening and what I can do to prevent it?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17

Iced coils from a defective defrost system will do that, as well as a defective evaporator fan. Go to

and

Edwin Pawlowski

As well as the obvious, but often overlooked, controls inside the fridge controlling cold air movement to freezer and fridge compaartment. And storing stuff inside fridge that blocks air flow.

lee

Reply to
lee houston

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'll investigate further and hope it's as simple as Lee's suggestion. Edwin, those links are invaluable, so thanks!

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17