cleanout terminated properly?

Hi,

I have a 4" pipe going through my basement wall that I think is called a sewer cleanout and I think it's not terminated properly. The pipe is a 4" C.I. with 2 ears threaded for screws with a mushroom vent cap on it. Does that sound right?

Reply to
js5895

It's not a cleanout; it's a vent.

Odd, but some parts of the country (East coast) required a low level vent to admit air into the system so that air would continually circulate up and out the roof terminal of the vent stack.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

That makes sense because, the pipe goes through the wall and on to the other side then, it goes down into the floor where right next to it, in the floor, is a 4" C.I. pipe with a threaded cover that has a square lug on it, so that has to be my cleanout. I couldn't figure out why I had two cleanouts, now I know. btw, I am in the east coast. Thanks, for solving this.

Reply to
js5895