Cleaning spa filter

Someone suggested I clean my spa/hot tub filter by soaking it in bleach water for several hours.

Will this work? If so, what ratio water to bleach?

Thanks

Reply to
c_sicker

We use TSP (Trisodium phosphate) available in the paint dept at home centers. Use the REAL TSP not the "substitute". Using laundry soap is asking for trouble (BUBBLES) Let it soak overnite in a TSP solution: 1/4 cup TSP to 2-3 gal water

Then using the strongest 'jet' of water you can get out of your hose, spray it off getting between the folds too.

We keep two filters, one in the tub and the other, clean and ready to drop in so you can do the overnite clean/soak above on the used one

Rudy