Cleaning Electric Baseboard Heat Registers

Does anyone know if it's safe to use multi-surface cleaning chemicals on heat registers? I'm talking about the top/deflector part, where dust builds up, not the actual heating elements. I was worried about them being flammable, and I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid or not.

Yes, you are being paranoid. Most cleaners are over 90% water. Baseboard heaters don't get hot enough to ignite flammable chemicals either.