Cleaning a bathtub

We have a downstairs bathtub that has been unused for the last 7 years. The collected dust/dirt will come off with elbow grease. However, there are suction cup marks on the floor of the tub. What's the easiest way to get them off?
Dick
Add pictures here
✖
Dick Adams wrote:

What is the tub made of? Porcelain? Porcelain over iron or steel? Acrylic? Other?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:09:24 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

Not knowing the materials, not much can be said, however... If there was rubber in the suction cups, the sulfer may have reacted with tub and that would be a permanent stain. Try a tub/tile cleaner such as the product with foaming bubbles. Avoid abrasives, even mildly abrasive products, as these can make future cleaning more difficult by destroying the glossy finish.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 10, 3:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

For whatever it's worth, I use a stiff fiber brush for this sort of thing.
Add pictures here
✖

My tub backed up the other day:(
I used drano, and noticed how clean it made the tub area it was in.
not recomending it just noticed it
Add pictures here
✖
Dick Adams wrote:

I've seen posts from people who have had good results with those Mr. Clean eraser thing on bathtubs. I don't know, though, if they used them on suction marks. Maybe worth a try; I don't think they could hurt.
Add pictures here
✖
Maybe something like Goof-Off or other solvent-based cleaner would work at dissolving the residual material left there by the suction cups.
Dick Adams wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 10, 2:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

My tub is 30+ years old and had some yellowish stain on the bottom that no cleaner I'd found, including Ajax, would take off. Then I tried CLR bath & kitchen cleaner and with a little rubbing it came back to pure white.
Red
Add pictures here
✖