Cleaner for Glass Shower Stall?

I don't know if this shower stall is precisely glass, but it is that muted glass-looking product. This is an aluminum show stall glass enclosed standup shower.

Anyhow, at the juncture at the bottom where the glass and aluminum framing meets the tile, there is a lot of gunk and rust combined. It looks like some kind of mineral deposits .

What is a good cleaner for this please ?

Thanks !!

--james--

Reply to
James Nipper

For mineral deposits a product like Lime Away works

Reply to
m Ransley

Or CLR.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Home Depot has a product whose active ingredient is phosphoric acid. If rinsed of it doesn't damage the aluminum frames of my shower stalls.

It seems to work well.

RB

Reply to
RB

If I had a lot of rust I'd look for something with oxalic acid as an ingredient. Don't let it stand against the aluminum for a protracted time though.

RB

James Nipper wrote:

Reply to
RB

Oxalic acid is good against permanganate stains at the water line on your toilet. I'm not sure it does anything for rust, however. There are lots of products that address that problem.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

I've been having very good luck with the "Daily Shower Cleaner" products. Once or twice a week I just spray it around on the clear glass doors and the tile walls and walk away. The haze just goes away.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Thanks for all of the nice responses. BTW, this ain't "haze" this is crud and rust.

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

Bill,

Oxalic acid forms soluble iron oxalates, much the same as it does with manganese. It is a principal ingredient in household cleaners like "Bar Keeper's Friend" and ZUD. I'm appending the URL of a pertinent discussion of stain removal.

RB

William W. Plummer wrote: > Oxalic acid is good against permanganate stains at the water line on your > toilet. I'm not sure it does anything for rust, however. There are lots of > products that address that problem. >

Reply to
RB

CLR in a gray bottle, or "The Works" in the green bottle.

Reply to
Phisherman