clean/wax hw floor was under rug

I just removed rugs from several rooms intending to restore the hardwood floors (circa 1970) underneath. Surprrisling the floor is in good shape except for nail holes from tack strip (about every 4 in) and dirt.
What is the best way to minimize the small holes, clean and wax the floor. Please suggest materals.
Thanks Stan
<uriah> wrote in message

You can use wood filler or one of those wax sticks to fill the holes.
Cleaning I'd use Murphy's Oil Soap available at most any grocery store of Wal Mart. Thee are commercial floor waxes like Johnson's available.