City bans fake grass

It's for the children. Or the homeless. Or the Wymen.

Whadday mean "no noticeable difference in the amount of thought..." How can one quantify a negative?
HB
Higgs Boson wrote:

Uh, there are just as many negative numbers as there are positive ones.

The advantages are No water is necessary to make it grow No chemicals are needed (herbicides and pesticides) No fertilizer is needed No mowing with all of the air pollution associated with that (lawn mowers generally put out 20 times the pollution your car)
The disadvantage is purely a perception of the asthetics. Everything else is bullshit.. Maybe it is hot on your feet, stay out of his yard. All of the chemical arguments pale in comparison to what people spray on a lawn.

Yup, until your next door neighbor puts turf in, and knocks $10,000 off the value of all the homes in the neighborhood... Then Mr "less government" will be first in line at the next town board meeting with a proposition to have turf banned.
On Nov 18, 4:22pm, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

In some neighborhoods putting turf in could raise the value by $10,000...nearly doubling the price of the house.

Yup, until your next door neighbor puts turf in, and knocks $10,000 off the value of all the homes in the neighborhood... Then Mr "less government" will be first in line at the next town board meeting with a proposition to have turf banned.
Do you have any facts that doing so will bring down values? <crickets> didn't think so

The perceived value of a home is the value of the home. It's not etched in stone, and local mores have a lot to do with it. In some areas vinyl siding is considered a benefit and will increase the value of the house, and in other areas it will decrease it.

Excuse my wording, apparently I didn't make myself too clear. When I said perceived decrease I should have said feared decrease that doesn't usually materialize.

DAMN! All those idiots grazing on that fake grass and getting lead poisioning and cancer have ruined it for the rest of us. Now we will be force to polute the air and wake our neighbors up at 5am on Saturday with our lawn mowers.
Stupid is as Stupid does and clearly Glendale is stupid.

Idiots. Everybody knows you SMOKE grass, not EAT it.
Just call yourself a Dutch-style "coffee" house, post a Prop 65 warning, and you're good to go.
--
Tegger

We had the same thing in one of our communities, one that also makes it illegal to water your grass more than once a week.