Cigarette smoke detector

Please decide what subject you wish to discuss and try to stay with it.

I know more skinny people that are so weak willed that they can't stop smoking. Some of them use the excuse that it keeps them skinny. Pretty stupid thinking, aint it? Maybe when you see a fat person, it's really a lazy skinny person who finally mustered up enough energy to quit smoking.

Reply to
salty

What do you do that I don't like that we can tax into oblivion?

Reply to
clifto

pot.kettle.black

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Q.E.D.

Reply to
salty

There are large numbers of people that have significant negative reactions to cigarette smoke, most of whom have never smoked. Most smokers refuse to recognise just how offensive their exhaust is.

Reply to
Bob F

make it something thats a danger to everyone, kills millions yearly, makes children ill. dont forget to add you will demand full health coverage because of you own choices.........

smokers shouldnt be covered for any smoking related illnesses, health coverage for those should come from a tobacco tax.

states now restrict smoking in public places.

the next will be not around kids espically in vehicles. seeing that makes me ill

Reply to
hallerb

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in news:b1ba5dfb-775e-4532- snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

Marriage fits.

Reply to
Red Green

make it something thats a danger to everyone, kills millions yearly, makes children ill. dont forget to add you will demand full health coverage because of you own choices.........

smokers shouldnt be covered for any smoking related illnesses, health coverage for those should come from a tobacco tax.

states now restrict smoking in public places.

the next will be not around kids espically in vehicles. seeing that makes me ill

No offence, but, f*ck you and your family too. Kiss my nicotine-laden ass...

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

do tell, if you get heart disease, cancer, emphsema, COPD, or any of the long list of smoking related illnesses, do you think you deserve health care, or social security disability if you cant work any longer?

your choice to smoke effects everyones health care costs:(

Reply to
hallerb

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

First, I'm not gonna sit here and say smoking is nuetral healthwise. Anyone who says that already has brain cancer or at least has a dedicated OC-768 line from there brain to ass.

So if someone overweight gets heart disease or any overweight related illnesses, by your reasoning, they should got no health care or social security disability because it was a self induced choice. But if they weigh in OK at check-in they get it. And what if one of em is one of those children you were concerned about being abused?

Hey wait a minute. If there's an overweight kid, again by your reasoning, should't the parents be charged with child abuse?

OK, get in your last comment Hallerb. This doesn't belong in this NG. I got sucked in and am guilty. Need to get back to bidness.

Really, no hard feelings. I've always said if you're not an asshole in someone's eyes you must be a doormat. Feel free to give me a big Asshole cheer :-)

Red...

Reply to
Red Green

Smokers actually have lower overall medical costs and medicare in particular, They usually refuse treatment until they are almost dead because they would have to stop smoking and die early enough that they don't spend much medicare money. The people who live a long time and die of "natural causes" at 80 and

90 are the ones who suck up most of the medicare money. They get cataract surgeries, joint replacements, transplants and a host of miracle drugs at $10 a pill.
Reply to
gfretwell

Hi, Here in Alberta as of this year all smoking is totally banned except in your own house. Smokers are really 2nd class citizen. Smokers are losers no matter what. You can smoke all you want, just don't exhale. Health issue aside, how much property and human lives are lost due to (careless) smoking?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

gee take all the damage second hand smoke does, and friends and realtives who died long painful deaths from things like bladder cancer, caused by smoking.

it would be interesting to see the exact statistics on this.

but in human terms, well i still miss my mom who died 10 years ago, smoking caused her death..........

she was only 65

Reply to
hallerb

Second hand smoke is still a red herring propogated by beople who simoly don't like the smell. There is no evidence saying anyone was ever hurt by it.

Yes it would be

Hey ther's one now ... virtually zero medicare

Reply to
gfretwell

BTW my mom died of smoking related COPD at 84 so I understand your loss but I also understand it was HER choice, not the government's or YOURS.

Reply to
gfretwell

Then the negative-reaction folks own the problem, not the smoker. Any attempt to force person "A's" solution on person "B" should be met with overwhelming, instant, and deadly force.

When people tell me I shouldn't be smoking here, my rejoinder is: "It's alright. I'm French."

Reply to
HeyBub

the government allowed the tobacco CEOs to lie before congress, about the health risks and when tobacco knew, plus tobacco actively worked to make the products more addictive.

tobacco CEOs who lied should of each been put in prison for at least 5 years,so the next person who gets questioned before congress is truthful.

when a older person dies of smoking, they didnt know when they started it could kill.

kids today who start at least know the risks

Reply to
hallerb

hey keep smoking, so your family can grieve when your gone

Reply to
hallerb

illnesses from smoke in smoggy or dirty areas is well documented, as is kids in homes where parents smoke are at triple risk of ear infections. thats been known for a long time.

that proves second hand smoke can cause health troubles.

Reply to
hallerb

:

in

n't

Suits me fine. I'm obese, and I usually park pretty far from the entrance.

Not all obese people are lazy. I find exercise pointless, but activity in the service of some purpose is fine. I'll walk a mile to get somewhere, but I won't do it just to be walking.

Cindy Hamlton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton