chimney breast

hi all i'm new 2 all this and would some advise please so ere go's i have what what seems to be salts and staining coming through the plaster of the chimney breast tried emulsion paint but stil comes through after short while any ideas as too a remedy will apreciated thanks mike
mike wrote:

Your problem stems from run on sentences, a lack of capitalization, and the use of texting shorthand. HTH. HAND.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

#1. Learn how to use the English language, and how to type. #2. Put a bra on your chimney and be sure to fall off the roof and die when you finish. That way we won't have to read any more messages from you.

Where is the water getting into your masonry, got a proper chinmey cap and flashing?
Pay no mind to the grammer fairies, they will go away on their own.
beecrofter wrote:

Yeah; folks just love reading the usenet equivalent of someone speaking with their mouth filled with potatoes.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com
beecrofter wrote:

I got no soapbox either. Have you tried Kilz or Zinsser primer?
Learn to type and spell. That childish SMS stuff is not an adult form of communication in my opinion. You are asking some question about fluorescence.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

I don't think that's the right word, but I can't remember it exactly. Something like "florovesense"?
Bob
DanG wrote:

That is actually "efflorescence" that you are trying to spell. "A growth of salt crystals on a surface caused by evaporation of salt-laden water."
Try looking at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q florescence&btnG=Google+Search