Chalk Questions

At lowes and HD there seems to bea chalk for alsmost everything but what I need. I need to seal aluminum w/ a white surface to brick or mortar. Which chalk should I use?
Is there a chalk out there that is the color of mortar that is a[[lied between brick?
Thanks,
Jack
Tom wrote:

There's almost ever color of chalk in the rainbow.
Caulk, otoh, is available in much less variety of colors.
dpb wrote:

I suppose you could take chalk, crush it into powder with a mortar and pestle then mix it with a binder until it's the consistency of a thick paste and use it to fill cracks. Depending on what you use as a binder would determine the durability of your home made caulking compound. There is always a way.
TDD

Yes, any good school supply store will have colored chalk. Once you color it in, put a sealer over top because rain can wash chalk away.
Get some of those boxes of big fat sidewalk chalk. Then rub them real hard on the place you want to fill. A spritz of water sometimes helps.

Soda water? tap water? distilled water?
just tap water with a drop or two of dish detergent.

Gosh, everyone got to make fun of you before me. :( But the market went up 11%, so I will be generous.
There is caulk for cement that is probably the color you want. Look around.

Personally, I like Binney & Smith, although I know a lot of people are partial to Crayola. Have never tried to seal anything with it though...

Crayola is probably the way to go.

Use for plugging. Put eylinder end on hole and pound with hammer. Gets a tad dusty though.
Tom wrote:

I use that white caulk that dries clear on everything.

Jack
What's the name of it?