CFL bulb won't work upside down in a particular light fixture

Page 2 of 2
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

BINGO! Correct answer finally.

There is a certain amount of knowledge required to live and get through the day. Perhaps you are just too stupid to understand a device that has both an "on" and an "off".
-john-
John A. Weeks III 612-720-2854 snipped-for-privacy@johnweeks.com
John A. Weeks III wrote:

LOL!

LOA is generally reputed to have short life, Philips, Sylvania, other name brands definitely seem to last longer
On Tue, 26 May 2009 20:31:44 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

I've had the brand name ones dead in the box as well as suffering early death. Doesn't seem to matter what it says on the box it's all chinese crap anyway.

I did have a failed unit recently, and it was suppose to be a decent model. I have had few dissapointments out of the 30 to 40 I have used. I started out paying around $15 each, so they are a steal now, except the dimmable ones are still around $15.
greg