Ceramic tile over linoleum

My House is a one story house built on a concrete slab. I have Linoleum or Vinyl floor in my kitchen and baths and want to go with Ceramic tile. I have had multiple people tell me they would just put it down over the linoleum that I do not need to try to take the linoleum up but this just seems wrong to me. The linoleum does appear to be stuck to the concrete good and I would think getting it up would be a royal pain in the butt but this just seems bad to me. Has anyone here had any experience with putting Ceramic tile over linoleum? Is doing this OK?
Thanks Joe

Absolutely Joe !
Make sure all debris is cleaned off before you start and ensure you seal the grout asap.
I've done this a few times over the years.
Regards Dale
Just Joe wrote:

similar situation and I removed my linoleum because it was starting to lift at seams. You are right, it IS a task. What I would caution you about is this: Ceramic tile is NOT cheap, and it IS permanent. That permanence is both an asset and a liability in that if it needs to come up due to the linoleum coming loose, you will have an even larger problem than you have now. I have seen people try to take short cuts with a ceramic tile installation only to need to remove it and start over. Like the old saying said, "You can pay me now or pay me later." Good luck.
How about Liquid Nails to secure sections of concrete board to the existing flooring material, then tile on that? http://www.liquidnails.com/ViewProductDetails.do?productId=6