Ceramic Tile Floor over Existing Floor?

This is something that I wouldn't do. I would not put a ceramic tile floor over and existing vinyl floor. My situation is this: I have two layers of flooring. The first is that 50 year old stuff (I think it was onece called corelon) and over that I have crappy Armstrong Solerian that has become useless. It is 25 years old and quite worn; can't keep it clean anymore.
My wife wants ceramic tile. How do I get up both layers? The second layer is glued down only at the edges because I watch the guy pu it down. He insisted that was all you needed. He was wrong. It lifted in several areas.
I'm not sure how good the fist layer is but I do know that the subflooring is some sort of tngu and groove fir (or maybe oak) so I will at least need to put down plywood.

Harbor freight sells a propane torch on steroids http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyAsk/harborfreight/results.jsp $10-$30 bucks Practice with this out side before you use it indoors.
Get a flat wide shovel, warm it up with the torch and start pushing. The shovel will start lifting the tile after you get started. This will be labor intensive. You may have to warm the tile as well. Becareful with heating the tile, you want to warm it not start a fire. You will ding up the sub floor so do not worry about it. Got any friends, or older children to help? Depending on how much you need to take up a dumpster might be in order for removal.
Why don't you get rid of the wife?

I guess I was a little sketchy about who wants the ceramic floor. My wife suggested it and I sort of agreee that a ceramic tile floor would be best for us. However, if I decide to remodel the entire kitchen after we invest in the floor, I'm wondering if the ceramic would get ruined by cabinet replacement etc. Not sure what to do.