Central vacuum: Beam vs. Hoover vs. Cyclo Vac

I'm planning to buy a central vac. system for my 3000-square foot home. The outlets were already installed by the builder. I have wood floors throughout the house so I don't want/need a powered brush (powerhead). I'm having some trouble deciding between Beam, Hoover and Cyclo Vac; what is the general consensus about these brands? I'm looking for power, reliability and (if possible) a low noise level.

Thanks,

-Nick

Reply to
Nick

You'll get plenty of power no matter which system you choose. They're noisy where the power unit is located, but the exhaust noise can be drastically lowered with a muffler. It's sometimes sold optionally but I wouldn't consider it an option.

Look for units that don't need constant replacement bags - you want a cyclone type.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Check the motor warranties. My Nutone has a lifetime motor warranty though current models do not.

Reply to
news.east.earthlink.net

My understanding that all built in vacs are made by two companies regardless of brand name. Noise is not much of a problem. That's one of the big advantages. With 3000 sq ft, go for the biggest unit.

Reply to
Dick Smyth