Central AC problem?

I've noticed in the last week or two that when my central ac unit starts up, it sort of bangs and also when it shuts off. I never noticed it before. Anyone have any ideas? It's about 3 years old. TIA
Have you been next to it when it bangs? One possibility that happens with mine sometimes is that it bangs when turning off because the metal door over the front of it "pops" out a bit when the suction of the air turns off. In other words, when the a/c is on it is pulling air in and since the seal around my metal cover is not "perfect" it snaps back out when the fan turns off. Just a thought.
It might be helpful for you to be right there to actually see what is happening.
--Don--

Thanks Don, I'm going to check it out.