Central AC

Hi,
Finally broke down and am having central AC installed.
The 2 estimates I have so far are for Lenox and American Standard.
Are these both good systems? Any horror stories? Suggestions on better equipment or a site to check reviews? Haven't had much luck on the internet finding reviews of the different systems, only manufacturers websites.
I live in the bay area of California.
Thanks,
I have a Rheem central AC. I installed it in 1985 and it is still going strong. I live in NC and use it for about 4 months out of the year.
I am not familiar with the two you mentioned. Sorry!

Hi Joseph, hope you are having a nice day
On 26-Jul-03 At About 05:49:47, Joseph Meehan wrote to All Subject: Re: Central AC
JM> The most important part of any heating or AC project is not the JM> hardware, it is the ability of the professional. The best equipment JM> will give poor service and fair equipment will give good service JM> depending on how it is chosen and installed.
JM> Pick your professional and use the equipment they prefer. They will JM> know that equipment better and you will get a better job.
JM> Make sure you check references from both of the contractors you have JM> contacted so far.
This is true to a certain extent but there are also other factors to take into consideration. such as Lennox and the very expensive repair parts.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.