cement floor stain or paint?

My husband just finished his shop and he wants to either paint or stain the cement floor. Which is the better, more durable, method? Opinions please. Jackie
J. Davidson wrote:

in the concrete. Some painted concrete becomes terribly slippery when wet.
I've heard mixing sand with paint to give it some grip when it gets wet/greasey.
There is also actual garage floor paint/dye that has antislip properties. not sure the name but a google search wouldn't go astray.
--
Steve
http://jackpot.netwinner.com/?signupCode=vwprheak

stain is better than paint, paint peels and no matter how good never remains good looking long.
why not vinyl tile?
In my opinion and experience: Do NOT paint, not even the epoxies.
Stain with sealer is not bad. Be aware, the sealer will need periodic reapplication. http://www.thestampstore.com/ Look through their products and examples.
Sealer on concrete may be the most forgiving. Think Home Depot floor.
Ground and polished concrete for the elitists. This will still require maintenance. Here is one example: http://www.fgs-permashine.com/products-hardener.asp
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

I'd go for a stain. A couple of good products:
http://www.hcconcrete.com/product/3011.asp
http://www.hcconcrete.com/product/3012.asp
The first one may not be available in your state (VOC regs). The second one is water based and should be available anywhere.

What is condition of existing concrete? new? old? greasy? clean? moisture barrier beneath slab?
I have painted several lab / shop floors; some new concrete, some old.
and a couple of garage floors with Rustoleum 9100 Series DTM Industrial Mastic
cheers Bob

Sherwin Williams carries HC oil stain it lasted 10 years in a garage for cars and did not peal, but it is a toxic blend of toluene and zylene.
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 19:00:21 -0600, "J. Davidson"

There are some new acid etch/stain for concrete, that look really good, but is quite pricey and i'm not sure it is a DIY job. I've seen it in a few showrooms. They can make a pattern in it of any kind.
samurai

I have seen photos of the new acid etch process, it is worth looking into
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 19:00:21 -0600, "J. Davidson"

concrete stain from Benjamin Moore. Floors have to be clean and grease free. Apply according to package directions. Unless the floors are hard toweled, an acid etch is not required. YMMV