Ceiling Plaster Joint?

I am presently putting up a new sheetrock wall in my kitchen & am wondering what is the easiest correct way to handle the joint where the (popcorn painted) ceiling meets the new wall? (Taping the corners is no problems as I can just fold the tape in half, apply it to the corner & then "mud" it) Where the ceiling is textured however, is there a way to tape the joint first (without having to manually sand off the pebbling) or should I just apply joint compound to the seem as best as I can?

Reply to
Dick

As you were messing around the area where the new drywall butts up to the old ceiling, does the acoustical texturing want to come off easily? If so, remove enough to tape and mud, then re-texture the new ceiling blending the new texturing on to the existing.

Alternatively, you could remove all the acoustical texturing, re-texture the whole ceiling. DAGS in the news groups, lots of information on removing texturing...

Good luck... Darwin

Reply to
DAC