Ceiling fans - remotes

Speaking of ceiling fans, I'm having one installed this week. (50 yr old house with no ceiling fixture, and the wall switch controls the wall outlet, but they said it'd be easy to do). I was originally going to have them wire it so I could control the light or speed separately at the wall, then the guy doing the estimate suggested getting a remote.
I bought this remote http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0072901&N000003+502408+10043001 (dang - long link. On the HD site, the sku# is 191707). It's a wall mounted remote that operates on 16 possible frequencies. I figured that should reduce wiring issues. Then I got to thinking about the "now it's cold and I want to turn it off" problem, and saw this http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0071965&N000003+502408+10043001 (sku# 191691) which also operates on 16 frequencies.
So question - as long as I set them both to the same frequency, should I be able to control the fan with either one? I "assumed" I should be able to, but the sales dude wasn't sure. If it won't, I guess I'll just use the handheld.
Thanks.

Take a gander at this some time.

Ooops! Forgot something:-)
Take a gander at this some time: http://tinyurl.com

Red Green wrote:

I'd thought about using that, but to be honest, I generally won't click on a tiny url in a newsgroup unless I really "know" the poster (potential malware sites) and wasn't sure if others would either. So I figured including the sku# was a sort of compromise in case some people's newsreaders couldn't deal with the link. (Mine kept it intact when posted).
But thanks for the reminder; maybe next time I should do a tiny url in addition to the long string.
Lee wrote:

Not necessary. If you surround your link with angle-brackets "< >" the link will render appropriately in a newsreader.
I don't know, nor do I care, how it might work in Google Groups.

Yep, pretty much what I do as well.
The poster of the tiny url also has the option to allow the clicker to preview the real address before actually going to it.
Here's one to Dewalt tools for a circular saw.
Actual link:      http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID$5
TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/6rcpnr
TinyURL with preview: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6rcpnr

my 2 hunter douglas fans came with remotes designed for them. Only one problem - no mention in installation manual of any possibility of changing remote frequencies. I installed both and then found that using the remote in the living room also turned on the fan in the bedroom. Called hunter-douglas, they told me how to change the frequency.. I had to take one fan down to do so. PITA. But i love the fans now..
Lee wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0072901&N000003+502408+10043001

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0071965&N000003+502408+10043001

In case anyone was interested in the original question. Yes, both remotes work as is on the fan (ie, the installers didn't change either frequency).