Ceiling fan motor hum

I have a ceiling fan (Casablanca) that I noticed the motor seems louder than it was before at low speed.
The switch is a 4 position and works fine any ideas ?
Thanks
Tom

Was it made in China?
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
wrote:

than
tflfb wrote:

I can think of three things that could hum.
The motor can hum, it usually would be the windings coming loose. Not as bad as it might sound, but it will get worse and you should replace the motor now, not next year.
Some speed controls can hum. Is the speed switch part of the fan or at a wall switch?
Something mechanical loose. This should sound different.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Speed switch is on the wall.
Tom

at
tflfb wrote:

Then I guess we can eliminate it as the direct cause of the hum.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math