Carpet pad removal

Any one have any tips on removing the carpet pad when it is glued down? It has too many holes in it for a new carpet but it is very difficult to remove from the floor. Tried a garden hoe and hand scrapers. I don't know the proper name for these. About 8" long, 6" or so wide. Wide blade tapering back to narrow handle. Thin steel.
TIA

Its a time consuming job, and there is no shortcut. Use an ice scraper or get on your knees and use a wide putty knife, or whatever works the best. You may or may not need to run a power sander over the floor when most of the pad is removed. Its a lousy job, but not impossible to do.
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 2:24:47 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

It would have taken less keystrokes to type this into a search engine:
carpet pad scraper
On 4/20/2016 11:24 AM, KenK wrote:

Drywall knife? "Ice chopper" (not sure what those are called and its been decades since I've used or even SEEN one)? A good coal shovel?
You might be able to help things along with selective application of a solvent (i.e., along the edge of the removal tool) -- but, I'd be concerned re: health and fire issues.
You might also just make a best effort and come back to it later with a floor refinishing tool (sand out/off the remaining crud)

I removed a type of pad that melted to the floor. I used a hot air gun and scrapers. I borrowed a good gun that had infinite heat setting.
Greg