Carpet impressions

I've been relocating some furniture, and wherever there was anything heavy, there is now a 'footprint' of the item in the carpet. The carpet is commercial grade nylon, with " rebond pad. Is there an effective way to make the fibers 'stand up' again so that the imprints are no longer visible? TIA
---------------------------------- Easy's getting harder everyday.

Time and running the vacuum over them works for our carpet. May vary a bit with different fibers.

Thanks Ed. I've tried several things, including a heavy duty hair-pick type forked thing, after using a steam iron briefly thru wet toweling. This carpet is pretty rugged stuff - after years of use it's not showing any signs of wear. If an item isn't in one place too long, it springs back pretty quickly, but older impressions are vividly outlined. Very unsightly.
It often helps if you steam the crushed spots. Use a damp towel and an iron, then "fluff up" the fibers a little with your fingers or something (I have an old rat-tail comb and the tip works well for this). Don't walk on the spots or vacuum until they are thoroughly dry afterward.
Jo Ann

Put an ice cube in each divot. Let it melt. When wet, fluff it up. Works good for me.
Steve
Thanks for the help folks. I'll try the ice cube thing next.