Capacitor spec's, choosing replacements...

On 07/01/2015 2:27 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: ...

These _were_ 105C rated...

Reply to
dpb

You missed three words, with that high value.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

and @ 80V...

Reply to
dpb

That might have been part of the problem. Higher voltage might be higher esr.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Possibly--so far I've been unable to determine a spec for the originals to compare...

Reply to
dpb

I have some 16 volt 1200uf 105c caps here that read 1206uf an 0.0 ohm ESR A bag of 10 volt 470uf that read 450uf and 0.27 ohm ESR (2% vloss) Have a 200uf 400 volt cap reads 213uf and 7.5 ohms ESR and a 8000 mfd

75 volt with a 1.9 ohm esr and 1.3% vloss

Just for data points and trying out my new component tester.

Reply to
clare