Can't get hot water to fill

I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that I am finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve to move so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and now I can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so it is not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to the hot water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
stubborn

Just a thought, do you have a tap turned on hot somewhere? Water and air can't both occupy the same space.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

turn on hot water valve at high spot in building and hot water tank cold water inlet valve fir tank.

Reply to
hallerb

Open the cold water valve to the tank.

Go to the highest water faucets in the house, and turn on the hot water valve (bath tub is good). This will let the air out of the system. when the tub starts to have cold water come out of the hot faucet, you know the tank is full.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Allow water to enter the tank, and allow air to exit by opening a hot water source. I've used my washer in the past, so I don't waste water.

Just a guess....

tom @

LayPerson Tom