Cabot's deck stain question

As I posted a few weeks ago, I put new 2X6 PT boards on my deck. Now comes the question of staining. I like Cabot's products but I am not sure whether to go with a transparent stain or a clear stain. I figured if the boards are new to try a clear stain first, then if I want to change it in a couple of years it would be easier. But I really like some of the transparent stains. I was just wondering what anybody else did.
We went with cabot semi New Cedar, it doesn't look as good as some clear like Pacific Redwood, but it feels like it will last lot longer.
Brian
BTW adjacent house deck was painted with clear olympic and deck looks pretty sad just after one year.

I have a friend that sells Cabot. The tinted ones last longer.
Colbyt