cable splitter

I bought a 3 way splitter 5-900 mhz. To it I plugged in the tv, the computer cable line and attached the third one to the fm radio of my stereo. The tv works fine. The tv and computer on together work fine. However the computer and stereo won`t work together. The just get frozen on the internet. What is considered a good splitter? Patt.
On 25 Jan 2004, Patt wrote:

Maybe you didn't attach the computer to the same port both times?
Check the splitter to make sure none of the ports is designated as "FM", if so, that's all that will pass through it. If no ports are FM, look for the one labeled "low loss" or -3.5dB, the other two are high loss or -7dB. Maybe your computer modem needs to be hooked to the low loss leg?
Patt wrote:

Ask your cable company. After having splitter problems I called them and they came out and wired each unit directly from the outside. No signal loss and everything tweaked to perfection.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

I wonder why.

Sounds good. An alternative I think would be to use two two-way splitters. Split off the computer first, probably, and then let the other two split. You have to make a little piece of cable with two ends.
Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter.
I bought a 3 way splitter 5-900 mhz. To it I plugged in the tv, the