Cable Company Vans and Orange Cones

Page 2 of 2
?

Yes, I did. Scary to lay on the ground after hitting your head and not being able to move. Took a few seconds before I knew I was still functioning. It was still snowing/sleeting at the time and I did not realize how slippery the ice under it was. I seem to be recovering OK though.
On 2/4/2011 4:56 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Glad you're OK and keep looking for any ill effects, I have some lasting problems from a bad fall. You never know, I don't bounce as well as I did 40 ears ago. :-)
TDD
You have to look for kids behind the truck to pick up your cone.
But what's the point of using the cone when the van is parked in a private driveway? I'm guessing "corporate policy" with no grey area. "If you are stopped to work, you will put the cone out, period."

re: "You have to look for kids behind the truck to pick up your cone. "
Re-read my post:
1 - "I see a cable company van *backed* into their driveway.
2 - "Next to the passenger side *front* bumper is an orange hazard cone."
The van had no place to go but *forward*. The cone was in front of the truck.
On 2/3/2011 3:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

It was the LAW where I worked. Every company vehicle had a set of cones. Cones had to be put out whenever the vehicle was parked. The only exception was when the vehicle was brought back and parked in it's spot at the end of the day. Failure to comply could result it suspension without pay and did on a few occasions as I recall.
It was strictly a safety measure. The driver was forced to look in front and behind the vehicle before moving. I've seen empty parking spots with cones at either end. Someone was in a hurry and took off without them. It was a pain in the ass but when you think about it if it prevented one kid from being run over then it was worth it.
LdB