Burner on gas stove won't light

I am trying to diagnose why a burner won't light on a gas range. The left back burner went out a long time ago and now the left front won't light.
There is no clicking sound when it is trying to light as occurs on the working burners making me think it might be the electronic module ?
Could someone tell me some things to check?
Thanks, Andy
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:10:17 -0700 (PDT), Raleigh_3_Speed

Sounds like the ceramic on the igniter is cracked. Inspect/replace the igniter.

Can you light it with a match? Tony
Raleigh_3_Speed wrote:

If you can light it with a match, you just need to replace the igniter. Normally fairly easy to do.
Chris