bullet hole in siding

Page 9 of 10

yea they jump out of bed because the smell of oil reminds them that you probably wanted them to cook for you instead of lovin on them

File a police re[port and an insurance claim before doing anything else. Then let your insurance company contact their insurance company for repiars. KEEP A COMPLETE PAPER TRAIL OF EVERYTHING!!!!
On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:50:56 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

My motto: _If it ain't documented -- it didn't happen._

File a police re[port and an insurance claim before doing anything else. Then let your insurance company contact their insurance company for repiars. KEEP A COMPLETE PAPER TRAIL OF EVERYTHING!!!!
reply: The discharge of a firearm into a structure REQUIRES the filing of a report. If the structure was occupied, the seriousness increases. I am surprised that no one has asked about the police or insurance report yet. How long ago was this? Were the police called? Did the person whose house was damaged get the name of the other party's insurance company?
Steve
"J Burns" wrote in message
Home alone, the nine-year-old next door discharged his father's deer rifle in the house. The bullet went through the wall of the house and the Masonite siding of my garage. A plank a couple of inches behind the Masonite stopped it.
Is it better to repair or replace the Masonite?
----------
I'd be more worried about the attempted manslaughter charges...

MORE nonsense; it was an unintended discharge by a minor. Police are not going to file manslaughter charges on a NINE year old.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Why's that a problem? It's proper (and Important)to discuss this,so that others also learn from it. (it's called "addressing the source of the problem") It could save a life.

the boy should get the gun safety instruction REGARDLESS of whether he helps with the repairs. It's clear that he NEEDS it. (as does every child)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

the boy should get the gun safety instruction REGARDLESS of whether he helps with the repairs. It's clear that he NEEDS it. (as does every child)
-------
These last two suggestions you guys made make both of you good neighbours in my opinion.

"Every child" my ass. You sound like a shill for the NRA, or some kind of commie. None of my 7 kids had gun training. None of them ever handled a gun.. And none and my 7 kids ever shot up a neighbor's house. That's a gun-owner problem, not mine. How you gonna make me "train" my kids your way? Pull a gun on me?
--Vic

How can you be sure about that?

<heh>
Isn't that the American way?
This conversation reminds me of the time Homer got a gun and used it to turn the lights on (and off) and open his beer.
Jim

It always gets wacky with guns and flags. A buddy at work bought and flew a flag for the first time after 9/11. Got stolen after 2 days. He used your exact words, "It's the American way." And he added, "At least the thief was a patriot,"
--Vic
wrote in message

the gun OWNER wasn't the one who fired the gun and put a bullet through a neighbor's house. (because he wasn't educated about guns and their handling.)
the uneducated KID was the problem. no different than a kid playing with matches and setting a fire that destroys property.

typical wrongful assumption of a hoplophobe. It sounds like you're a "progressive".

the "wackos" are the ones with attitudes like yours. Ill-informed and full of wild imaginings.
and you evidently don't know the difference between a vandal and a patriot.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
harry wrote:

Oh, bother!
Guns have purposes other than killing: Sport, such as target shooting (it's even an Olympic event), collecting, investment, historical artifact, deterrence, and others.
Even if the ONLY purpose for guns was killing, does anyone have a problem with that? I can see how SOME killings are regrettable, but in general?
But, of course, I hold with the notion that there are people who NEED killing.

You forgot the most obvious one, hunting. There's plenty of people in the USA who fulfill their dietary requirements for meat by hunting it themselves. This is something that people who've lived in cities or suburbs their entire lives seem to be simply unable to understand.
nate
N8N wrote:

You're absolutely right, of course. I took Harry's lament about guns used for killing to include animals, so I omitted hunting.
Just supposing, Harry's probably a vegetarian. According to the Bible, humans began as vegetarians and it was only Noah and his decendents that got permission to eat meat. Now Adam & Eve started out in trouble and, by the time we get to Noah, the world became so hopelessly corrupt, wicked, and depraved that God had to destroy it and start over.
If it is true, then, that vegetarianism leads to debauchery and debasement, then Harry may well be an example.
"Huh? Why do you need a gun to protect yourself in your own home? Why can't you use a baseball bat, iron pipe, 2x 4.
Kill 'em with a baseball bat, iron pipe, 2 x 4? Is that better than with a gun?
Never bring a pipe to a gunfight.

People say never bring a knife to a gunfight, but some knife throwers can throw much faster than a man can draw and fire. There are two scenarios, one where a person has his weapon holstered, and one where the person has drawn his weapon, and is aiming at the assailant. In the first scenario, the knife thrower will always win with an accurate throw, and in the other, the knife thrower will win if there is any hesitation at all on the part of the shooter, or if the shooter misses. There is a really good youtube video of a guy throwing a slightly curved big knife and driving it 6" straight into the chest of a dummy to show that a person with a holstered gun has no chance against a knife thrower. Presently, with all the concealment requirements, getting a gun out and firing when in a panic mode would take a bit of time, unlike the fast draws of the old west, or no matter what anyone tells you about how fast they are with their gun.
I have read about confrontations in my home town of Las Vegas where police officers shot to death people with knives, and I thought why didn't they rush the guy, or use non-lethal, or whatever, that it was kind of chickenshit to shoot a man with a knife. Then I have seen demonstrations where a man with a knife that is 20 feet away from a man armed with a holstered gun can get in a fatal blow before the man could draw his gun. And then there's misses. If the man with the gun misses, he's either gonna get a lot of stitches or worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbdykWUl4mw

Steve
harry wrote:

Silly person. They shot it.
You forgot the most obvious one, hunting. There's plenty of people in the USA who fulfill their dietary requirements for meat by hunting it themselves. This is something that people who've lived in cities or suburbs their entire lives seem to be simply unable to understand.
nate
The only reason you and I and all these vegan yuppies are here is because our ancestors were murderous bloodthirsty savages who ate anything they could catch or bash in the head with a rock or stab or eviscerate.
It pains me to listen to all this drivel from antihunting groups and bleeding hearts that essentially dis their ancestors creativity in keeping the gene pool flowing until at least this yuppie vegan is the end product. And hopefully, as the number of gays and nonreproducing adults increase, this branch of evolution will eventually fall off.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

And how soon they forget that vegetables are not really food.
Vegetables are what food eats.