Bugged

I've noticed some bugs in my kitchen lately, just a few around my stovetop and the nearby counter and windowsill. I haven't looked at them under magnification, but to the naked eye they look about the size and shape of mouse turds (which I thought they were before they started moving). They spread wings every now and then, but I haven't seen them fly. Today there were more, about a couple dozen scattered around the kitchen floor.

Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? Location is Ocean County, NJ.

TIA, Buddy

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Take some samples to a local garden center and get them ID'd. Then ask about control.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Quote: Buddy Matlosz wrote on Thu, 26 June 2008 19:10

Google "identifying bugs" and you'll find a ton of sites that will help. Really surprising there is so much interest in bugs!

Here's one that claims to have 5000 identified:

-- Richard Thoms Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals

topservicepros

Got any overripe bananas lying around? They draw little gnat-like bugs like crazy. Hard to get rid of, too.

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up. The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up. The monkey stumbled, mama. The baboon fell. The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!" - from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935

Reply to
Alphonse Q Muthafuyer

Check your flour or grains in the cupboard. If what used to be pure white flour has changed to something with unground flavourbuds, chuck it!

Reply to
John

Right. We used to salvage banana stalks from the grocer's (back when bananas came on stalks, now they are evidently grown in hydroponic ponds in fronds of exactly three pounds), toss the stalk in the garage. In a couple of hours it would be covered with fleas. The stalk, with fleas, went into the burn pile.

Reply to
HeyBub