Bryant furnace/AC control board

Yesterday lightning made a mess of my roofing. It also damaged the control board of my Bryant 383KAV.
The original board is a CES50110057. I had to replace several components seven years ago. Without a schematic it was a hassle. Is a schematic available?
Maybe it's time for a new board. I've found two places with replacements for the original. The cheaper is $150 with shipping.
A third place has a CIB0110057 for $200 with shipping. It is a newer design with diagnostic LEDs. That could be worthwhile but wouldn't help much if I didn't have documentation to interpret the lights.
Which board should I get? Should I troubleshoot the one I have? Are there good places to shop for boards online?

Keep an eye out on ebay, something might come up. There's not much on those boards though, you could probably troubleshoot it without too much difficulty.

And if it's not the board? How do you KNOW it's only the board (besides the scorch marks)?
Home insurance covers lightning strikes. You dont know the extent of total damage yet, call your broker. My last one took out 20000 in electronics.
m Ransley wrote:

Good advice. I hadn't already done it because I had assumed the damage was fairly cheap.
HeatMan wrote:

That's a good question. The system was off at the time of the strike, and the chimney is on the opposite side of the house from the air conditioner and furnace, so I hope the motors weren't wrecked. I could jumper the inside blower but wouldn't know how to activiate the outdoor unit without the board.
The board isn't scorched even slightly. The 3-amp fuse was blown. Rather than risk my last 3-amp, I tried a 5, and the 25-volt transformer's noise indicated overloading. One diode on the board is broken, but that wouldn't be the only problem.