Brushes for AEG Washer

Well I was warned when I bought it that I would not be able to find parts if I ever had a problem. Guess what 13 years later, the machine is still perfect condition but the brushes on the motor are worn out. Anybody have any idea where I might get replacement carbon brushes for AEG Lavamat 508 washer.

Thanks.

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo

Perhaps the motor is a standard make - now all you have to do is be able to read the information plate

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Well, I have the motor out of the machine and have taken the brush holders off. So I have access to the motor information plates. What should I look for?

Tks.

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo

Is there a motor repair shop near you?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

I'd try the local Ace or whatever is your best hardware store for their supply of generics -- there's a reasonable chance unless it is something really bizarre they will be a standard size. Failing that, the suggestion of a electric motor repair shop followed with, of course, the final recourse of contacting manufacturer directly.

--

Reply to
dpb

I found a supplier of AEG parts here in Ontario. They have the brushes which are pretty expensive at $65 each. Anyway the supplier is Euro Parts and their website is at:

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo

Are they really something specific in design/shape?

--

Reply to
dpb

One person who looked at them thought that the brush assembly itself looked pretty generic. Here is something similar:

The holders are to the outside while the brushes themselves, along with the springs and connections, are in the brass colored assembly in the middle.

I have some pictures as well.

Reply to
Jimbo

Yes, depending no how the actual brush is held. Have you been the generic route? Local hardware has about a half-dozen drawers with 20 or so cubby-holes per ea of various brushes...for $65/ea, I'd surely be looking into finding an appropriately-sized brush and fitting it to the holder even if don't have the drop-in replacement.

--

Reply to
dpb

The brush lead is embedded in the carbon at the business end and the other end is spot welded to the holder at the contact end. This causes the spring to be retained. So far, I havent found any place here in Toronto where I can look at various brushes. Most of them are behind the counter and the guardian is looking for a perfect match : ( I'll have to expand my search.

Reply to
Jimbo