Bronze Liner for Tiling

I bought some 1x8 bronze liners to line the edge of a tiling area. I image a continuous line, unbroken by grout lines, so that the pattern is uninterrupted. Can this be done, or must these things be grouted individually just like the tiles? It seems like I've seen continuous lines but perhaps I automatically "tune out" the grout lines.
Thanks

The contiuous pieces are generally plastic and come in 60" lengths. The type that you bought should be grouted. If you installed them without grout, you would still see the seams, and there would the possibilty of water getting in the ungrouted joints.
JK

I can't tell what it's made of, but I guess the end result is the same. The need for grouting seems undeniable. I may use thinner lines and a dark grout.
Thank you.
I have no idea what you are saying. Here is a web site of probably the premier manufacturer of tile trim:
http://www.schluter.com/141.aspx I gave the web site that has their expansion joints. These joints are meant to be installed in the thinset below the tile.
Try to find a picture of what you have - to share or explain for the rest of us.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .