Broiler won't light

The burner for a broiler won't light.
It glows fine, but never lights.
It has been taking a long to light up to this point.
It's a Tappan Gas Range, 30 Series. The stove top burners work fine.
Thanks, Andy

Sometimes the elements glow, but not hot enough to allow the gas valve to open. You can do some troubleshooting at www.applianceaid.com or www.repairclinic.com
On Jun 28, 6:50pm, "Stormin Mormon"

.com...
From what I read, I need a wrap around meter which I don't have.
Andy
Or, you could use a clamp on ammeter.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

they are 15 bucks at harbor freight

Andy
On Jun 28, 6:50pm, "Stormin Mormon"

.com...
Thanks.
There were 3 wires going to the ignition unit.
The readings were 2.34, 2.46, and 2.62 amps with the broiler knob turned on. Is there some place I can find out what they should be?
Andy