Briggs & Stratton 22 h.p. Engine Problem

Does anyone know why I'm having problems with a 22 h.p. B&S engine? It starts, but when you unchoke the engine it dies. Sometimes it will run unchoked,but it will die out after 3 minutes. I put a new fuel pump on 2 months ago. Still same problem.Filter changed, fuel pick-up ok. It's starving for fuel, but how come? What adjustments are on the carburetor?
Sounds to me like the high speed orifice is plugged up. The high speed adjustmnent is 1 and 1/2 turns out from all the way seated and the idle is 1 full turn out. But I would say you have some gummed up ports. Ck out this site to guide you. http://www.small-engines.com /
Dear Randd, You are a wise man. I'd also suggest he check the gasket between the carb and the engine.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus