Briggs Engine - How to align gears

This is a Briggs Engine from a 1995 Murray garden tractor. It's a 11HP engine. I pulled the pan because something is loose. I removed the cam gear. That gear has a small dot on it. The small gear on the crankshaft does not have a mark on the gear, How do I align them?
Thanks
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Put the piston at Top Dead Center and position the cam such that the lobes are right inbetween closing exhaust and opening intake.
THE CRANK GEAR HAS A BEVELED TOOTH THAT ALIGNS WITH CAM MARK. LUCAS