Breath-rite strips

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone have ideas about how to make breath-rite strips myself?
All I need is the right adhesive and a suggestion about what the right plastic is and where to buy it. That's all, LOL.
I don't have major problems breathing, but sometimes I think breath-rite strips would help while running and other exercising, and even for sleeping. There is NO doubt that when I inhale strongly through my nose, the passage on each side narrows substantially.
IIRC, they were not expensive but not cheap, and I'm not good at moderation, and I think if I started using them, I would want to use one or more a day. The cost would mount up.

BTW, the right adhesive is one that will stick to the plastic and also to the skin of my nose.

I'd try Crazy Glue or 5 minute epoxy. You'll only need it every couple of weeks that way.

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 08:51:43 -0400, "Postal68"

Although I hear duct tape is not that good for fixing heating ducts.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"mm" < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:42:29 -0500, "Steve Barker"

How do I get it to stick to my nose?
you stick them IN your nose.
--
Steve Barker

"mm" < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
IN your nostrils, not on top of them.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

No, that's not how they work.
They are thin springy plastic, dogbone shaped strips, and one is used at a time and it sticks to the outside of your nose.
Look at http://www.breatheright.com/ and you can see a picture of these things on the top of almost every box, and you can see them on the noses of the sleeping people, especiallly the guy. Totally outside the nose.
The whole secret is the glue.

Note that it's "breathe-rite".

Darn. No wonder I haven't been able to make one.
:)

Since that error is so common, I've wondered if it was really correct. I've looked in a lot of dictionaries and never found one where "breath" spells breathe. What is your source for that information?
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd wrote:

--
Grandpa

It seems to be mostly intended for snoring. I don't think I snore, but I do have trouble getting enough air when I'm running. Maybe I'll stop running.
<aspasia> wrote in message

Look up satire while your attit.
mm wrote:

So it is surprising to you the manufacturer managed to <correctly> spell it in a context that everyone can understand. Yet somehow - you think the name of the product should be intentionally misspelled. Interesting.

Based on observation, I think there are a lot more product names that are misspelled than spelled correctly, so as to face fewer difficulties enforcing a trademark, iiuc. There are many many examples, such as all those products that use the syllable "rite". Just a guess: maybe this is less of a problem with a two-word name.

mm wrote:

I hope when I am your age there will be pills to counteract the lunacy you live with.

You haven't noticed what I describe? You dno't notice it now? You have to be kidding!