Brass Corrosion: Removal?

Got a couple of brass fittings where the moving parts are corroded to where they don't move anymore.
Is there some household substance that they could be soaked in to dissolve the corrosion?
--
Pete Cresswell

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Got a couple of brass fittings where the moving parts are corroded to where they don't move anymore.
Is there some household substance that they could be soaked in to dissolve the corrosion?
--
Pete Cresswell

***

Have a look here

I'd try using CLR.
--
nestork

Per Larry:

Just mixed it up: 1 cup water, 1 cup white vinegar, 1/8 cup salt.
Couple days soaking... and we will see.
Thanks.
--
Pete Cresswell

just strong food grade phosphoric acid.

Catsup.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

On the trigger snap that was really brass, it worked 100%: it's fully-operational now.
On the other piece that I *thought* was brass, it removed the external corrosion, but did not penetrate to the inner workings. Probably not a brass/non-brass issue... just a matter of penetration. I'll let it soak awhile longer and see what happens.
Bottom Line: the water/vinegar/salt solution works.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 11/4/2014 11:06 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Rare, in this society, that anything works. Thank you for sharing.
Wish my wax drip method worked as well as I'd have liked.
wrote in message

sez you!