Bottom of garage door question

Page 2 of 2

I suggest a simple cheap fix that has worked for me in Michigan. Go to the hardware store and buy a few grey foam pipe insulating four foot sticks. Apply them to both ends of the door and trim to fit by trial and error. When you can no longer see daylight under the door when it is closed, you have finished the project. This stuff hangs onto the bottom of the door without any nailing or gluing. From the outside, you can see it, but who is going to walk around looking at the bottom of your garage door?

I like the thought.
I have one "stick" meant for and outside PVC pipe insulation. I will try the idea, and if it works will get a few more.
Oren wrote:

MUCH CHEAPER is the "Pool Noodle" at Walmart. I think it's like $2.00 for a four-foot, 3" diameter stick. It has a 3/4" hole down the center. I slit some open with the table saw and used them instead of the $8.00/ft insulating tubes from HD to cover the AC lines. Worked swell.
HeyBub wrote:

Do you use the pink ones?

I actually thought about that when I posted. Noodles may be scarce in the winter, but I will look for them. If not for the GD, then for some 3/4" PVC (small task here).
It is freezing at night in Vegas..

Thank you, Jim. I will give this method a go this weekend. Definitely the easiest suggestion I've heard.
Mike

I'm posting with Google Chrome using Google. Is this post visible?
Joe
Joe wrote:

No, it's invisible, I can't see it at all.
TDD