Bose Personalized Amplification System R_O_C_K_S!!!!

Page 1 of 2
I admit I was a little skeptical after reading a lot of bad press concerning the Bose products, but this one is a gem amongst the rocks. My partner and I purchased an old bar and grill that we have been restoring for about a year now. Fortunately it came with a caberet license so we were able to book local acts, mostly r+r bands to draw in the locals. Most of these groups had their own PA's and unfortunately most of them were crap gear, loud, lot's of feedback and usually people running them that didn't know what they were doing. It didn't take long, with a couple of visits from the local sheriff because neighbors were complaining the sound was too loud, for us to investigate alternatives.
The friendly folks at Sam Ash came to the rescue and before we knew it we were the happy owners of some really new and innovative gear.
We bought into the "Bose Double Bass Package"
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=l1_double_live_music_index&pageName=/musicians/products/index.jsp
All I can say is the sound is fantastic and we can use the remote to crank down the talent if they get too loud. This system ROCKS THE HOUSE and this is a pretty decent sized venue.
We had a little flack from some of the acts but once they heard the Bose they knew it was something special and that they would sound great.
I can't say enough about this great system and the wonderful staff of consultants at Sam Ash inc. Thank you for your time.
Saul Gutterman
I've been using the Bose personal amp. system for about 9 months now with my bagpipe band and we have been very impressed with the results. The sound is quite clear and you can hear the finer timber of the pipes. When we need more sound we just augment the system with a Samson SX1200 amplifier driving a set of Samson Resolv RS15 Pa Cabinets. What kind of mics are you running with the Bose system? Bagpipes require god mics and you can't beat the Samson Q-Tom mics for bagpipe micing. We are using an IBM Thinkpad running Redhat Linux for backing tracks and to control our light show! Linux is the ticket for this kind of stuff. Best of Luck to you
Anna Banger
Saul Gutterman wrote:

rocks.
in
them
them
alternatives.
it
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=l1_double_live_music_index&pageName=/musicians/products/index.jsp
I am not sure where to begin but I have no doubt those excellent samson products do improve the sound of the Bose stick George
Bmoas wrote:

They are trolling.
On 4/5/05 10:21 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "Joe Sensor"

NO!
Actually Bosch pneumatic systems can crush ROCKS!
No highs, No lows, Must be Bose.
Post this to rec.audio.opinion or alt.audio.pro*
I mean BOSO is ok, esp if you have small room and pretty deaf, or you are BOSE salesman.
They make speakers sound sweeter, but not remotely close to the original. Yeah and don't forget paper cones.
Just want to pipe in here. I am NOT a sales or PR person. I'm an independent professional sound company in the SF Bay area, for the past 28 years.
I'm a sound guy and I use Bose! 802s, not the new thing which I have never heard, but just want to say the with Bose 802s I can get excellent sound for venues of any size up to 600 people. i have 8 of them and by configuring them appropriately they have many uses... I won't go into detail, and have never heard the new stick things, just want to say the Bose makes one great product - the 802 series speakers...
BTW, I'd use better mics for bagpipes than Samson, but5 if it works for you great!
Lou
Anna Banger wrote:

Umm, right.
Lou Judson wrote:

past
28 huh? Long time.

We'll be the judge of that.

Nope... you're not.

Hahahahahhahaha. Actually, I think B*se makes the model numbers after how many ppl they can cover. 802 = 800 in crowd + 2 sound ppl. hahahahhaha.

Thanks, we appreciate it.

Somehow I think others here will join in disagreeing with you there.

for
Yeah, Nady or something.
I've heard better sounds come from fingernails on chalkboards than from B*se products.
-- 8k rules
Gene Sweeny wrote:

after
from
While I'm no fan of the 802's myself, they are a big step up from the POS. However, I concur with your displeasure of the line in general.
Rupert
Anna Banger wrote:

I've been hearing about these "god" mics every now and again and I figure that they must be rilly somethin special. Where can I hear them without making the ultimate sacrifice?
Karl Winkler Lectrosonics, Inc. http://www.lectrosonics.com
We got to try the Bose sticks with my rock band at a gig in a medium size club.
All I can say is- thank God we had our PA in the van. The first set was a disaster.
Bmoas wrote:

ROFLMBFAO!
LV
sorry they don't show on this library computer I am on while my house is being rebuilt you will have to edit them for me thanks George"Bmoas"Gleason

Finer timber, as in "Timber!" a large tree is falling on my bagpipes!
What's the difference between bagpipes and banjos? Who cares, they both burn when doused with gas and lit. ;>)

I don't have any god mikes, but I do have the devil mike, the EV 666. --scott
--
"C\'est un Nagra. C\'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Now wait a minute, I'm no Bose fan, but saying this gentleman is no sr pro because he uses 802s is way much, For a lot of corporate, 802s are great, nice flattering to speech, non R&R music comes out ok, and the big wheels booking them love to see the Bose name. I also saw an acoustic festival with 4 802s per side, and it was very nice. I regularly work a small 2500 seat venue with a distributed Bose system, I took a walk around with the house wireless and some production music going , was nice, very intellegible and sounded like a good sounding house sound should for spoken and production tracks (not, of course , for forground music levels, but none of those buildings systems are.) I have heard decent sound out of 802s, for some uses they are ideal Probably not my uses, but..
There is a world of difference between this guys posting and the unnamed venues poster blatent schilling for Bose. I doubt Dave Andrews is not a pro, he uses Bose for his work (before becoming employed by Bose) evidently effectively. The newer Bose products probably have their place, albeit overpriced and marketed as end all systems for any concievable use.
wrote in message

Trolling again, Flatfish, and using your ancient sock puppet, Paddy McCrockett. You're scum.

OMG, first you say the bose PAS (should be POS) is good then you try telling us that Samson is good gear.
Sorry, April first was a couple of days ago.
Get a clue.
Phildo

bagpipes......and doesn't.
Rob