bolting and retrofitting

More links that might convince you

DD_BobK

Bob, I've designed a lot of bolts within foundations in my time for the Petro Chem industry as well so I think I understand their behavior well. If the CEA doesn't seem to care about their behavior in concrete, then that's their problem. I don't care to do the work for the OP. Let him call them since it's his question to start with.... I have other problems that need my attention.

Reply to
Doug

So now the CEA is wrong? And the California Seismic Safety Commission as well?

Did you even read the reference?

"I don't care to do the work for the OP" Sounds like a case of "declare victory and quit".

"I have other problems that need my attention." Yeah, like your biggest one....... you don't know when you're wrong. But you sure can tap dance.

The behavior of bolts in concrete is not the issue here, it is the existence or non-existence of them. It's binary thing (look that up it you don't know what it means)

"If the CEA doesn't seem to care about their behavior in concrete..."

"seem"..... more weasel words?

FYI .......... the CEA & CA SSC are doing just fine without your guidance.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

I'm sure the OP is doing fine by now too.

Reply to
Doug

Doug-

I thought I was a waste of your time? Why do you keep posting replies of no substance and never address the issues or questions?

Yeah, I happen know, from direct knowledge, that the OP is doing just fine. :)

Reply to
DD_BobK

LOL... I did address it in one of my first posts in this thread. The OP needs to contact the CEA, etc... himself to get the answer from the horse's mouth, not from you or me.

Reply to
Doug

Doug-

Now you're telling the OP what he "needs to do"?

You keep posting non sequiturs. You were wrong & won't admit your error but the weasel worded nonsense keeps on coming.

I happen to know that the OP already has the answers he needs.

He got answers from you? ........ the other end of the horse.

Reply to
DD_BobK

SNIP

Another try.....

read this ref doc

DD_BobK

Do you read well? I said * not * from you or me.

Reply to
Doug

e:

the pictures,

OP would call

I read quite well. Clearly you do not, since you have either not read or understood any of the posted references.

Oh, fyi ..... I don't take direction from the uninformed (that would be you). :)

Reply to
DD_BobK