Boiler Problem?

Hello,

This morning when I woke up and came downstairs, I noticed my main floor had not received heat for quite a while. When I went up to bed, it seemed to be working fine.

Upstairs, the heat is working perfectly. Downstairs, it seems to be doing nothing. Interestingly, last year around this time, the problem was reversed. Last year, upstairs was not working and downstairs was working.

The boiler I have is a Crane Sunnyday 102. Are there any knobs or switches I can manipulate to attempt to return functionality? I have recently bled the radiator upstairs.

I have not been able to find any information on this boiler at all. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Aaron

Reply to
aaronboock

If the upstairs is fine, the problem is not with the boiler. It could be one of several problems: ciculator, zone valve, thermostat, air in downstairs loop, etc.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Thank you for the feedback.

Any suggestions for what I can try to remedy this problem? Or do I need to call in a professional?

I would like to attempt to fix any problems, or test them myself before calling a professional.

Reply to
aaronboock

I should also add, since this post began...

I have tried bleeding the main floor radiators, they shoot out cold water. 2nd floor radiater when bled, does nothing, no water or hissing.

Does this information help with diagnosis?

Reply to
aaronboock

It's real difficult to figure out the problem sitting behind a computer, but you could try a couple things:

You could check your downstairs zone valve. See if there is a lever that you can use to manually open the valve. Then check to see if your circulator motor is running. if the circulator is NOT running, see it it runs when the upstairs thermostat is calling for heat. See if the downstairs pipes start to get hot.

It would take too long to explain the different options of why it is not working, but maybe you could at least get some temporary heat that way. Then i would suggest calling out a reliable heating contractor.

Reply to
Red Neckerson