Bob Villa Question

Page 2 of 2
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Bingo. He wanted a lot more money than PBS was willing to pay at the time. The same thing happened with Siskel and Ebert, the movie reviewers. I really can't blame any of them. People with talent and ratings should be paid for it. The Bolsheviks at PBS were just too cheap.
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:17:42 -0700, Tim Killian

It's good that you ask instead of just believing such stories.

That's what I heard at the time, and I have no trouble believing it. It's a fully sufficient reason for them to part ways.

Me neither.

But it can work the other way too. One of the kids on Home Improvement, or his parent or agent, thought he was worth more money than they were offering, so he wouldn't sign for the next season. Bingo, they hired some other kid to play his part. **Probably not the agent, who usually know the market and believe in a bird in the hand.
I think the Bewitched witch had two husbands by the same name, too, swtiching from one season to the next, although I have no idea if that was because he wanted to much money.
There are loads of shows I don't watch, and there may have been cast changes in any of them because someone wanted too much money.

Rumor has it that WTTW (producer of "Sneak Previews") was considering taking the show off PBS and putting it in commercial syndication themselves without necessarily compensating the talent accordingly. I don't know if that story is true or not but they did leave, first for a Tribune Company syndicated show called "At the Movies," and later for the current Disney show which survives as Ebert & Roeper.

As far as I know the split was caused when he started pimping Sears crap. Greg
Al Moran wrote:

My newsserver must be screwed up... what year was this question written?
It just started 2 days ago.

I know, just being sarcastic.
Al Moran ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) said...

WGBH let him go when he signed with Sears to do their commercials.
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Ripping off customers in his private contracting biz and also small matter of indecent homosexual acts charge in boston area around 1988

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 21:14:54 -0500, "northwoods hunterX"

You got a link for that?
So, Al, is that somehow interesting to you? What does that say about you?
Bearded guy who wears a carpenter's apron and into men. Al Moran. Hmm......
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Are you smoking crack again?
Mormons don't do crack. We are just friendly with everyone. In a respectful way. OTOH, you make me wonder.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 01:49:10 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

Well how is this for respectable you mormin whack job...Fuck Off.