Blocked Soakaway

Possibly. But "soakaway" is a UK term.

Reply to
harry

It is done so that the liquid does not have to be hauled, the tanker can go round several jobs in one journey. There is a separator on the tanker.

Reply to
harry

Welsh then.

Reply to
harry

The toilet was original construction, but the proprty is flat as a pancake (Chicago suburb) and the builder didn't want to raise the house out of the ground to get the toilet to flush faster. We were the first owners of the house after the builder moved out himself. Once the two kids grew up, we hardly ever used the toilet, but the fix is there for future owners.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I am getting old. In my youth they were known as septic beds or weeping beds or tile beds (because before plastic pipe they used clay pipes called tiles with spaces between each one foot long length so the water could weep through the gap), now people refer to them as leach fields.

Reply to
EXT

And a broken tile over the gap to keep the dirt out. In my youth, we had an old dug well as a septic tank. The overflow ran through tile out into the neighbor's old, defunct cherry orchard. Since all the floating solids went out the tile, we had to dig it up and clean it every 3-4 years. I will always remember the smell!!!!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

My old boss and a co worker had to park some distance from a customer. so they took a short cut across a open field.....

they ended up walking into a cess pool a open area that sewage covered....

Reply to
bob haller