Black growth on roof

I have a lot of black gunk (mold, fungus, whatever) growing on my asphalt shingle roof. What is the best way to get rid of it.
Thanks.
Black? That's strange. It's typical for moss to grow on asphalt shingle roofs but never heard of mold growing on them. For moss it's best to spray it with a moss killer and cut off nearby tree branches.
bleach and water, don't let it get on the grass Mark
A zinc strip along the ridge should kill the growth, TB
On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:48:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You mean stuff that looks like black lines running top to bottom?
Not sure what you have, and I have lines, so wondering if they are the same.
tomm
I've heard some folks reccomend 10% bleach solution in water. Applied with a spryer. I've heard others reccomend various concentrations of vinegar.
All have suggested you not use both chemicals on the same day.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:48:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

If it's black mold you wont have to get rid of it. It will get rid of you. The stuff is deadly. You'll be dead before you can do anything about it. Your best bet would be to buy a cemetary plot and coffin immediately.
On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:38:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@AmericaOffline.com wrote:

I see the meds aren't working anymore. Need to up the dosage.
:p
later,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com