Black growth on roof

I have a lot of black gunk (mold, fungus, whatever) growing on my asphalt shingle roof. What is the best way to get rid of it.

Thanks.

Reply to
NoSpam99989

Black? That's strange. It's typical for moss to grow on asphalt shingle roofs but never heard of mold growing on them. For moss it's best to spray it with a moss killer and cut off nearby tree branches.

Reply to
smyk

bleach and water, don't let it get on the grass Mark

Reply to
Mark

A zinc strip along the ridge should kill the growth, TB

Reply to
tbasc

You mean stuff that looks like black lines running top to bottom?

Not sure what you have, and I have lines, so wondering if they are the same.

tomm

Reply to
The Real Tom

I've heard some folks reccomend 10% bleach solution in water. Applied with a spryer. I've heard others reccomend various concentrations of vinegar.

All have suggested you not use both chemicals on the same day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If it's black mold you wont have to get rid of it. It will get rid of you. The stuff is deadly. You'll be dead before you can do anything about it. Your best bet would be to buy a cemetary plot and coffin immediately.

Reply to
TPutmann

I see the meds aren't working anymore. Need to up the dosage.

:p

later,

tom @

The Real Tom