Bird Deterent

Anybody have a good method to deter birds, and their deposits? I have to square ledges outside my upper bedroom window. The birds hang around and leave droppings there. I tried a owl scarecrow which did very little. Now I have droppings on the owl's head.
live falcons ?
--

>> Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply. <<

"Sennin" < snipped-for-privacy@cs.com> wrote in message
In article <Z6x%a.8522$Ih1.2866777
says... :) "Roost no More" or something with a similar name is a bird repellant product :) available at Ace Hardware, I imagine other hardware stores would carry it as :) well, probably even Home Despot but you wouldn't catch me there. :) :) It only takes a little to be effective, try not to get too much near an edge or it may get runny on hot days and run down the side of the structure.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/owl1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
On 16 Aug 2003 12:17:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sennin) wrote:

Forget the Roost-No-More types of deterrents; too much work, imo. I had EXCELLENT results with Nixalite: http://www.nixalite.com/ If you can get to those ledges outside your window, install these. They'll deter everything, including squirrels. Great stuff.
The birds laugh at my cats, a male and female, who must have not been taught by their mothers how to kill. They brought in a zebra finch quite a few years ago and since these birds can't survive outdoors in this climate, we got a pet bird. James is a seeker of rare insects and brings beautiful, exotic ones into the house. The one time we had mice in the house, our cat was deaf and blind, so retired. Cats don't do a lick of work.

Bird Predators http://www.angelfire.com/oh/birdfg/predator.html
snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sennin) wrote in

Bird-B-Gone,Tanglefoot,or similar products. Try a Google search.
--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
remove null to contact me

Find the neibor's bird feeders. Destroy them.
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:36:23 -0700, JM wrote:

I just draped some bird mesh over a fig tree that was feeded some of the neighborhood crows. Birds are instintively afraid of anything they can tangle them up. Strings about the size of fishing line, line mesh, or moving pieces of small wire. If there is a way to string fishing line over the ledges try this. Otherwise, loose loops of line on the ledge will also work. BB guns are another strategy, if the birds are classified as pests.
Richard Kaiser
I made an inviting dowel perch for them to land on, complete with food dish. But first, I spiraled two copper wires arounds its length. I then hooked it up to a FidoShock device. They land once, they don't come back. It got rid of some really pesky pigeons for me.
Steve
At the VA center, they use a coiled wire, sort of like a stretched out slinky, mounted horizontally. They mount it across the flat ledge, the spaces between wires are too small (1to 3 inches) for the birds to roost.
Best--- Ron