Beware marble countertops. . .

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Amazngly, sharp enough for spouse (she doesn't use the real kitchen knives, just the Sears steak knives my cousin thrice removed from Seattle gave us before our move to the Sates.

It is. It is a protest from the Lukoil station holders. They apparently have to pay 20-25 cents/gal more than everyone else to whoever plays Putin in Jersey. On the radio one station holder said he never buys his own gas, but goes to one of the cheapo stations.

Would be difficult to see me buying gas from a Russian outfit ...

Reply to
Han

Agreed but it works better in the bathroom. I like the hard look and feel in the kitchen. OTOH, we like the granite in the bathrooms in the AL house and will be upgrading the baths in the new to granite as we go along.

Reply to
krw

Oren wrote in news:p2e2581fsl5mossi3kjo8c9hjocmqrvoli@

4ax.com:

I haven't tried chopping with a hatchet, but cutting up heads of lettuce doesn't seem to hurt. Remember, materials like Silestone are quartz embedded in a hard resin.

Also note that there was a chip in my counter that needed repair within a week of installation. Less than 1 square inch, and fairly shallow. They came with perfectly color-matched resin, and it is still very difficult to locate after more than 10 years. The seam between the 2 pieces is now noticeable, but barely.

Reply to
Han

Hmm.

I had a piece of Corian crack due to heat.

Repaired for free, can't see the repair no matter how hard I look.

I would never cut directly on the surface. I have a Corian cutting board. The knife does make marks on the board.

Reply to
Dan Espen