Best Screendoor Material?

It is time to replace the screen on my front screendoor. The shop that I discussed this with looked at photos of it, and immediately told me it was made of aluminum screen, and asked if I really wanted to replace it with aluminum screen. I asked what else is available, and why is it better. The clerk said that today most people get "plastic screen" installed, and that it is actually made of fiberglass, and lasts longer and doesn't puncture so easily. My screendoor was built and installed (custom size) about 25 years ago, so it seems reasonable to me that there may be better replacement materials available today.
My question: What are the usual alternatives considered today for the screen material in screen doors, and what are the pros and cons of each? (In case it makes a difference in the alternative you suggest, this door is sheltered by a second floor, and the house is located near the beach in the greater Los Angeles area, with a normal annual temp range of 40-100 degrees F, fog many nights a year, and an occasional sprinkle of rain.
Many thanks.
--
CWLee
professorpaul wrote:

Heavier fiberglass screen is really heavy enough for dogs or birds. Rubber cord is commonly called spline and if you have a tool for it, it is lot easier to work with.
CWLee wrote:

pet, there is even a heavy duty plastic that tends to resist damage better than the standard material. No matter the choice, any of them will do a good job for you.HTH
Joe

Well, I have to disagree with the other posters. My fiberglass screens seemed to become slack and brittle from sun exposure after maybe a decade. It was also easily torn or punctured. I replaced them with black-painted aluminum screening which in my opinion is stronger, more durable, and looks better. It is probably a little harder to install. -- H