Best brand of sliding window?

I have to replace a bedroom window, and usually I'd buy casement windows. However, this window opens over a deck, so I don't want people bumping into a crank out window when they are on our deck.

That means I'm limitied to a sliding window, since the window is too wide for a double hung.

Who makes the best sliding window for the money? I'm looking for one with an excellent warranty.

I've heard that sliding windows are more likely to leak water inside than casements since sliding windows have screens on the outside and have weep holes than can get clogged, etc. If that's true, who makes the best waterproof design for sliding windows?

I'm familiar with Pella and Anderson windows and am leaning toward those brands. But what about Jeld-Wen windows ... are they of the same quality as Pella and Anderson?

Any feedback on these brands or advice on sliding windows would be appreciated!!

Reply to
DK

don't forget to price out MARVIN windows.

Reply to
readandpostrosie

I'm partial to Andersen, if money is not an issue. Certain Teed brand is a good window.

The weep hole can get clogged (rarely), and heavy rain will not channel out of the window, but into the inside.

-- Oren

Oren

Toss a coin, they're all pretty good. I've used Pella (nice!) for upscale installs, Crestline from Menards for laundry rooms, kitchens. HTH'

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I didn't know you could use the word quality in the same sentence with "pella" or "anderson".

try

and see if there's a local peddler.

Reply to
Steve Barker

On our last house we used Simonton, they worked GREAT. Excellent warranty too.

Kate O|||||||O

try

and see if there's a local peddler.

Reply to
Kate

Web site has no server. Maybe these are sold by gypsies off the back of their pickup tricks?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Pella

Meat Plow

what ever. works fine for me. better check your isp for censoring.

Reply to
Steve Barker