Best brand of sliding window?

I have to replace a bedroom window, and usually I'd buy casement windows. However, this window opens over a deck, so I don't want people bumping into a crank out window when they are on our deck.
That means I'm limitied to a sliding window, since the window is too wide for a double hung.
Who makes the best sliding window for the money? I'm looking for one with an excellent warranty.
I've heard that sliding windows are more likely to leak water inside than casements since sliding windows have screens on the outside and have weep holes than can get clogged, etc. If that's true, who makes the best waterproof design for sliding windows?
I'm familiar with Pella and Anderson windows and am leaning toward those brands. But what about Jeld-Wen windows ... are they of the same quality as Pella and Anderson?
Any feedback on these brands or advice on sliding windows would be appreciated!!
don't forget to price out MARVIN windows.
--

"DK" < snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:%t11i.18$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...
>I have to replace a bedroom window, and usually I\'d buy casement windows.

I'm partial to Andersen, if money is not an issue. Certain Teed brand is a good window.

The weep hole can get clogged (rarely), and heavy rain will not channel out of the window, but into the inside.

http://www.certainteed.com
-- Oren

Toss a coin, they're all pretty good. I've used Pella (nice!) for upscale installs, Crestline from Menards for laundry rooms, kitchens. HTH'
Joe
I didn't know you could use the word quality in the same sentence with "pella" or "anderson".
try www.windowsamerica.com and see if there's a local peddler.
--
Steve Barker

"DK" < snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:%t11i.18$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...
On our last house we used Simonton, they worked GREAT. Excellent warranty too. http://www.simonton.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1
Kate O|||||||O
I didn't know you could use the word quality in the same sentence with "pella" or "anderson".
try www.windowsamerica.com and see if there's a local peddler.
--
Steve Barker

"DK" < snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:%t11i.18$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Web site has no server. Maybe these are sold by gypsies off the back of their pickup tricks?
Joe
On Sat, 12 May 2007 18:19:42 -0700, Joe wrote:

Pella
www.pella.com
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
what ever. works fine for me. better check your isp for censoring.
--
Steve Barker